United States, New Jersey, FairfieldEngineering
Groome Industrial Service Group is a growing company located in Fairfield, NJ, providing specialty maintenance services nationwide for several industries including natural gas-fired power generation, shipping, manufacturing, pharmaceutical and aerospace.
Groome’s HRSG division provides a variety of services to the natural gas-fired turbine industry, primarily to emissions reducing exhaust components and components within heat recovery steam generators. Our services are designed to maximize overall system performance and minimize future downtime.
Groome’s Refinery division provides a variety of services to a variety of units in the refinery industry, primarily to emissions reducing components and heat exchanger components. From SCR catalyst replacements to fin fan cleaning and everything in between, our services are designed to provide a quality and reliability, with exceptional customer service.
Groome’s Mechanical Door division provides servicing and retrofits to all hangar door designs. Our services are designed to provide the customer with functional and aesthetic doors using quality craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Groome’s Surface Preparation and Coatings division provides services in various applications from large steel structures to complex concrete floors. We boast long-standing affiliations with both the Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC) and National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE).
In all endeavors, our goal is to provide our customers with quality and reliability, while always maintaining an emphasis on safety and customer service.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the ideal candidate will be providing technical support to the sales, planning, and execution of projects executed by all of Groome’s divisions. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Detailed review of quote and bid requests including mechanical drawings, pictures, and field notes/measurements.
- Detailed review of preventative maintenance inspection reports and generation of formal PM reports.
- Perform cost estimations and write specifications for quotes, bids, and reports.
- Technical lead on projects, coordinate with operation’s team to ensure proper project planning and performance.
- Compose drawings of custom parts and equipment.
- Regularly visit jobsites to ensure proper execution.
- Provide sales and operations with technical support including onsite and offsite troubleshooting of any issues that arise.
- Coordinate with QA/QC manager regarding project execution and report on successes and potential areas of improvement.
- Occasionally attend trade shows, bid walks, and other events as a technical resource.
- Support in preparing Groome fleet and equipment for upcoming projects.
- 0-2 years of related industry experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or similar from ABET university
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and late hours, when necessary.
- Must have general computer skills to include email and other business applications.
- Must have the ability to report to work on time and when scheduled.
- Must have the ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
Salary based on experience.
Groome Industrial Service Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer