Journeyman with Welding or Industrial Painting
United States, New Jersey, FairfieldMaintainance
GROOME INDUSTRIAL SERVICE GROUP is a growing company in Fairfield NJ. If you have any of the following experience, you may be a great fit!
We are looking for individuals with a willingness to learn and perform a variety of trades and specialty skills in the industrial maintenance sector. These will include, but not be limited to, industrial painting, power washing, scaffolding, vacuuming, shoveling, blasting, grinding, construction, demolition and painting.
We are currently hiring Team Leaders and Journeymen with painting skills.
• Prospective employee must be very familiar with the following: o Industrial painting o Use of different paints, primers, and stains o Use of a spray pump o Pressure washing/hydro blasting o Surface prep - sandblasting, dry ice blasting, sponge blasting a plus o Safe use of ladders and scaffolding o Installation of cables for rigging for installation of suspended platforms and suspended scaffold a plus
• Must be comfortable with working at heights up to 200 feet
• Physical Requirements: o The ability to lift 25/50/80 pounds regularly o The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces o The ability to safely climb ladders o The ability to work in extreme weather o The ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day
• Ability to interact with co-workers, follow work instructions and work independently, when needed
• Ability to understand and adhere to industry/company safety standards
• Out of state work for indeterminate time, traveling by air or by car, hotel stay
• Various hours including nights and weekends
• Must be willing to be available 24/7
Qualifications & Experience:
• At least 2 years’ experience in commercial or industrial painting is required
• Hand-tool experience required
• Power-tool experience required
• Experience in construction, siding, demolition
• Basic mechanical skills required
• High school diploma or equivalent is a plus
• Bilingual communication in Spanish/English; read and write English a plus
• Must have a clean driving record
Position subject to background and drug testing as well as E-Verify employment verification.
Groome Industrial Service Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer